Followers

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hand of the Day #27

$2/$5 NLHE - MGM Detroit - 2.07.10

I've been playing for about four hours, and I'm getting hungry. The session hasn't gone well, due mostly to crappy cards. I'm down a little, and it's time to go. I'm UTG, and will be leaving as soon as I look at my cards and fold. However, the Poker Gods decided to have some fun by giving me Jd Js, the largest pair I've been dealt today. I have no interest in playing a big pot with JJ out of position, so I just limp in. Plus, a player two seats down has been raising a lot, but he folded.

Seven players see a Flop of Jh Th 9s. Well, I hit top set, but it's an extremely draw-heavy board. I lead out for $25. Surprisingly, only two players call.

Turn: [Jh Th 9s] 7c - Well, an 8 got there. But, I really don't want to give a free card, so I bet $55. First player folds, and the second player calls. He's an older gentleman who's obviously a regular player with this group. He hasn't been at the table very long, and he hasn't played many hands yet.

River: [Jh Th 9s 7c] 7s - Sweet, the board paired. Time to value bet $100. He thought for a moment, and then made the crying call saying, "You probably got me beat." I show my Full House, and he mucks. I can only assume that he had the last J.

I scoop a $420 pot, rack up my chips, and leave the Poker Room with a little profit.

No comments: