Followers

Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Sunday

3:00 $500 - Walked in to the MGM Detroit Poker Room, and got a seat at the $2/$5 table. As it turns out, the table just opened, so there are no big stacks at the table. I only recognize one player at the other end of the table.

3:30 $480 - I've haven't had any real hands yet. I'm just playing tight to set up a table image, and observe the rest of the table. So far, it's been rather loose passive. Most of the limp pots have 4-7 players. Occasionally, someone raised to $40. A couple of players were straddling to $10.

4:00 $325 - Played a few pots and won only one. All small pots, and I didn't take any big hits. The winning pot was me raising to $20 with AQ in Mid position after two players limped in. Everyone folded.

4:30 $312 - The only hand I played was limping on the Button with 43o and I whiffed the Flop. There was also a $1500+ trainwreck involving four players, two of which were All-In Preflop. The two players who still had chips both hit a set; 8 on the Flop and 9 on the Turn.

5:00 $584 - I stabbed at a pot in the BB, but got called. So I reloaded for $200 when the Button got to me. That very hand I look down at AK, and raised to $15. A few player call. Then a passive player in Mid position back-raises to $75. It folds to me, and I instantly 4-bet to $200. He thinks for a bit, puts me on QQ, and reluctantly folds.

This hand was great for my stack and my confidence. I'm not impressed with anybody at this table. They are just more comfortable with the money involved, since I haven't played $2/$5 in six months (I'm not counting that silly session at Greektown in December). Now that I've got some chips, it's time to start playing some Poker.

5:30 $719 - Two big stacks ($1500+) have left the table, and new players have taken their seats. I called a $15 raise on the Button with T9o. Many players saw a Flop of Ks Ts 5h. It checked to me, so I bet $50. Only one player called. The Turn was another T. I bet $75, and got a caller. I bet $125 on the River (KT5 T 5), but he folded.

6:00 $666 - I raised to $15 in Mid with KQ but whiffed. I limped and called a $15 raise with 64o. I flopped an open-ender (K 7 5). I led out for $55, and everyone folded.

I also raised UTG+2 with AJ to $15. However, it was a straddle pot, so it was actually a min raise. Another player in the Cutoff raised to $40. I was the only caller. The Flop was 8-high. I checked, and he bet $60. I said, "You missed, too?" and folded.

6:30 $589 - Called or raised a few hands, but missed everything. The Poker Room has died now that the Super Bowl has kicked-off. There is only one table of $1/$2 and one table of $2/$5 running, and there are open seats at both tables.

7:00 $790 - Still really card dead, so I decided to call it quits at 7pm. I won a sweet pot in the last orbit that will be a future Hand of the Day.

So I made $90 in four hours. Certainly not a record setting day. But with my pathetic history at $2/$5, any win is a good win.

No comments: