Followers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hand Of The Day #60

$1/$2 NLHE - Grand Sierra - 11.19.10

It limps around to me in the SB. I call the extra $1 with 76d. BB raises to $15. He's a 30's gentleman who is very much a No0b. Only the Cutoff calls, who's a 20's kid wearing UB gear. This should be a Fold for me. I'm out of position, and I've got under $200 left. But I'm leaving very soon, and I'm losing. So I decide to gamble and make the call.

Flop Kc 5s 3c. I check. BB bets $10. Cutoff thinks for a bit, and folds. Now it's my turn. One of the things I've learn over the last few months is when a player raises preflop, and then bets the same amount or less, that usually means Weak. It's not 100%, as some players will try to trap, or some Super Nits just don't want to put any money in the pot. But overall, it's been a reliable bet-sizing tell against basic players. So I check-raise to $35. Hopefully, he'll fold. If not, I do have a Gutshot Straight Draw.  He thinks for a moment, and calls.

Turn [Kc 5s 3c] Jd. Well, he didn't fold, and I didn't hit my Straight, so now what do I do? Another thing that I've learn is that when a player is Weak, it doesn't mean that he'll fold. We all know players that will go broke with QQ on a K-high Board. I decide to follow through, and bet $50. If he calls, and a lousy River card comes, I will probably have to give up. But he thinks for a moment, and folds. I show my 7-high, and scoop the pot. He didn't say what he had, but I'm assuming something around JJ.