Followers

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Two Inch Wad Of $100 Bills

6:25 $200 - The Peppermill is opening up a third $1/$2 table on Friday night (10/29). But there's a tournament starting at 7pm, so they will end up breaking one of these tables because a bunch of players will probably be heading to the tournament.

We are starting with 9 players. Most have bought in for $200.

7:00 $365 - I won two good pots. First, I called a raise in BB with QJh. The Flop was Js Jc Ts. Second hand was me raising in the Cutoff with JTo. Only the Hyjack called. The Flop was 9h 8c 7d. He had 96d. A Ten on the River ensured I got a good Value Bet paid off.

7:30 $456 - Looks like I was wrong about the tables breaking. Although, we are six handed, and the other table are about the same.

I won a nice pot from the SB that will be a future Hand Of The Day. It could have been more, but I couldn't slow play it due to how the hand played out. The very next hand, UTG+1 raised to $5. One player called. I'm the Button with Jh Js, and raise to $20. They both call. Flop was 6c 6h 5d. They both checked, and I bet $40. UTG+1 counted his chips (around $125), stared me down for a bit, and finally folded. The other dude also folded.

8:00 $431 - We got down to five players, and there was talk of breaking the table. But some new players have started coming into the Room, and we now have eight players.

I raised on the Button with AA. Four players saw me flop a Set. I bet $15, and UTG called. I bet $25 on the Turn, and he called. He thought about my $40 River bet, but eventually folded.

I also lost a few pots. The biggest one was me limping with QJc and hitting Top Pair (J). I bet $7 on the Flop, and got three callers. I bet $25 on the Turn, but an older Asian gentleman checkraised to $50. He hasn't been playing many hands to this point. I don't know what he had, but I'm sure my Top Pair was no good, so I made a quick fold.

8:30 $234 - It's hard to believe that I could go from Hot to Cold so fast. The worst hand was me limping on the Button with J6h. Six players saw a Flop of Qh Th 6c. A 60's guy bet $15. He's relatively new to the Table. I decide to isolate with my Pair + Flush Draw, and raise to $40. It folds around to him, and he quickly goes All-In for $72 more. I'm not thrill with it, but I have good Pot Odds ($72 to win approx $160). So I make the call, and he shows 6d 6s for a Set. I miss my Flush Draw, and lose most of my profit for the night. As I've said before, "Flopping a 1-outer is way more profitable than Rivering it."

Shortly after that hand, a 60's Japanese gentleman sits down on my direct Right. He leaves his chips in the Rack ($300), and starts throwing money around. He called a Pot sized bet of around $65 on the Turn with just a naked Gutshot, and missed of course. Later, he raised to $25 in the SB. I'm the BB with 65d. I really wanted to call. But he only had about $150 behind, and I just wasn't getting the right Implied Odds to call. There was one customer. The Flop was 7d 6s 5h. He goes All-In by tossing the Rack into the middle of the table. The other player folded. Once again, I make the Right Play at the Wrong Time.

On a side note, the $20/$40 game broke, and a $3/$5 NL game took it's place. It's starting out six handed, and most of the players are from the $20/$40 game. This is the first $3/$5 game that I've seen since I moved to Reno. I have no interest in playing in the game since I'm planning on leaving at 10:30.

9:00 $226 - I didn't really play a hand. The Old Japanese Guy (OJG) went for a walk, and came back with $300 more. He's not playing crazy. His VPIP is relatively normal for a $1/$2 game. But when he raises, it's to $20 or more. He's not raising with trash, either. He's getting to Showdown with hands like AK, JJ, and KQ. But when he's in the Pot, he's betting Big, and not folding. I saw him go to Showdown in a 3-way pot with just KQ-high (Missed Broadway draw), which included him calling a River bet with just KQ-high.

When his stack got down to about $100, he pulled an envelope out of his pocket. It contained a two inch wad of $100 bills. He wanted to put the whole wad on the table, and some of the players were encouraging him because they wanted to win the "Lottery" of being in a pot with him. The Dealer said that $400 more is fine.

That $3/$5 game didn't last 15 minutes, as they couldn't get any more players. The Poker Room converted it to the 4th $1/$2 table.

9:30 $237 - I seem to have gone into Super Nit mode. Partially because of OJG's wild play who's on my Right. Partially because other players at the table are limping in, and trying to trap him. I've seen a few players get pissed because he folded.

Another reason for my lack of play was my lack of cards. The only hand I played was in the Cutoff with 52o. OJG had folded, and only one player had limped in, so I raised to $7. Four players saw a Flop of A J 3. It checked to me, and I bet my standard $15. Everyone folded, and I showed my Wheel Draw.

10:00 $212 - Nothing interesting happened to me. OJG is gone. He was leaving, and essentially gave $500 to a player (the Older Asian gentleman from earlier) that had AA. OJG had 55. The table has gone back to normal play.

The Floor is trying to restart the $3/$5 game, but it's not going well.

10:30 $113 - I splashed around a bit trying to catch something since I'm heading home, but I couldn't hit the side of a mountain with an airplane right now. The biggest loss with me betting all three Streets with a Flush Draw (Q8s on a Flop of Ks Js 5d). I hit the 8 on the Turn, but I airballed the River. I got called down by a player who had a weak K.

No comments: