Followers

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Hand Of The Day #58

$1/$2 NLHE - Grand Sierra - 11.05.10

This hand is an example of how things have been going the last few weeks.

I'm on the Button with AKh, and raise to $7. Six players see a Flop of Kc 2c 2s. The Cutoff bets $20. He's a 60's gentleman, and a Super Nit. He has played very few hands so far. I think about raising because of the Flush Draw, but with six players seeing the Flop, there's a decent chance that someone has a 2. So I just call, and will see what happens on the Turn. Everyone else folds.

Turn [Kc 2c 2s] Ad. The Cutoff grabs some chips, bets $45, goes back to his stack for more chips, but the Dealer said No. To me, everything about this screams that he has a 2 in his hand. But, if he's a Super Nit, then why would he have a 2? Well, there's one important detail that I haven't mentioned yet. He missed his Blinds, and posted when the Button passed, which would put him in the Cutoff.

But what other hand could he have? AA or KK is unlikely because I doubt he would have checked his option before I raised. AK is a small possibility, but I doubt it. He may or may not have raised preflop. But if he does have AK, then we're chopping. He's got about $150 behind, and that's a lot for me to risk just to get my money back.

After thinking for about a minute, I decide that a 2 is the only thing that makes sense. So I fold my AK face up. He doesn't show, but said I made a great laydown.

Nice hand, Sir.

No comments: