Followers

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hand Of The Day #51

$1/$2 NLHE - Nautica Charity Poker Festival - 07.03.09

I've got AA UTG, so I make it my standard raise to $7. The next player folds, and then Player A raises to $15. He just sat down, but seems to be a 'normal' player. It folds around to the Button, who makes it $45. He is a younger kid who has a big stack of +$600. He's been playing fast and loose, and has been pushing around his big stack. The SB, who has just $1 in the pot, calls the $45. He's not a good player. He's been playing very loose, especially with any Pocket Pair. Earlier, he had trouble folding 10 10 on a J-high flop when a older gentleman check-raised him.

Now it's back to me. What to do, what to do ... $125, which is about half my stack. Player A, who has $15 in the pot, calls the extra $110. He got $55 left in his stack. Button grabs two stacks of Red, and makes it $245. SB, who has has about $125 left in his stacks, thinks for awhile, and reluctantly folds what I'm guessing is a pocket pair. Of course, I call for a total of $238. Player A also calls for a total of $180. I found out later that he had AK sooooted.

The Flop is 8 6 6. The Button, who put the 3rd and 5th raise in preflop, immediately turns over 8 8. And of course, just for fun, he spikes the last 8 on the River for quads, and scoops a pot of $703.

Nice Hand, Sir.

No comments: