Followers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Those Who Can... Do. Those Who Can't... Deal

Even though I've retired from running the Saturday night poker game, I made a guest appearance as TD this week. Sort of a "One for the Road" thing.

At 8pm, we had "Shuffle Up & Deal" with about 16 players, and we ended up with 45 players for the tournament. You know, the usual.

Due to the steady flow of players walking in, and having 45 players getting their AddOn later, I didn't get to play much Poker before the first break. My starting stack of 8000 was down to 6300 at the first break (before the 200/400 level).

After the break, I got moved to a different table, and was able to start to slowly build my stack. I flopped a Straight, and got some value from one of the Calling Stations at the table. I also knocked out a short stack with my T8o from the BB.

In the 400/800 level, there was one player (Eric W) who was doing a lot of raising. It folded to him on the Button, and he raised. I was the BB with 22, and 3-Bet All-In for 8200. He called with AQ. He hit the A on the Flop, and I was out in 29th place.

After doing some TD stuff, I say down in the Cash game. I knew that I wasn't gonna play that long, and have to get up occasionally for TD stuff, so I decided to buy-in short ($50) and play like a Super Nit. I only played for about an hour, and was completely card dead. I started to gamble a bit towards the end, and ended up losing the whole $50.

After dealing the rather long Final Table, I sat down in a rare Chinese Poker game ($3/point). For those who haven't played Chinese Poker before, the game is 90% luck. There is a bit of skill in setting hands, and watching for patterns with the other players. But the players who gets the best cards will win. Some of my cards were good, and some of my cards were bad. I was down $3 when we finished for the night.

No comments: