Followers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hand Of The Day #56

09.25.10 - Dave's Poker Pit - Mixed Hold'em Tournament Level 5 (300/600 Limit)

I'm in the Hyjack, and I raise (600) with Kd Ks. Five players see a Flop of Jh 9h 6s. It checks to me, and I bet (300). The Button (El Diabl0) raises (600). SB (Jamie), BB (Silent Dave), and Mid (Cindy) call. I 3-Bet (900), and the Button caps it (1200). The SB and Mid call, but the BB folds.

Turn [Jh 9h 6s] Qc - SB and Mid check. I bet (600). The Button raises (1200). The SB cold calls, but the Mid folds. My instincts are telling me that I'm behind. If it was just against the Button, then I would just go into Check & Call mode. But with the SB cold calling everything so far, I'm rather concerned about him. But with an Overpair and a Gutshot, I just call the extra 600.

River [Jh 9h 6s Qc] 3s - SB checks, and so do I. Button bets (1200). SB folds, and I think for a moment. My instincts are to fold. But it is possible that he's got a hand like QTh with the monster draw and a pair. Plus, it's Limit. There's a huge pile of Purple (500) and Black (100) chips in the pot, so I gotta call. He says, "You're good," and shows 32h. SB had T7h for Flush Draw and Gutshot on the Flop, and picked up a Double Gutshot on the Turn.

No comments: