Followers

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hand of the Day #12

$1/$2 NLHE - Mountaineer - 11.30.09

I'm UTG+1 with Jd Jc and make it $7. Four players see a Flop of Td 6d 6c. I lead out for $15. The only caller is two seats to my left. He's an older guy who is one of the few at this table who is playing tight and predicable. He relucantly called the bet. I figure he's got a weak Ten or a pocket pair.

Turn: [Td 6d 6c] Ac - I don't like that card, and I'm hoping he doesn't like it either. We both check.

River: [Td 6d 6c Ac] Ad - The flush got there, but I don't put him on a Flush. I'm 75% sure I have the best hand. So I do a small value bet of $20. If he raises, then I will quickly fold. He thinks for a moment, and calls. I say, "Jacks." He shakes his head, and shows 8 8.

One of the keys to winning money in Cash games is making the thin River value bets, and this was a good example of it. If it were a tournament hand, I just would have checked the River and happily taken the pot.

No comments: