Followers

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hand of the Day #19

I don't have many tournament hands for Hand of the Day. I feel that most of them are simple, with all action preflop or just a Raise & C-Bet.

So here are three of them from my tournament at Greektown on 12/17.

Level 1 (25/50) 2nd hand of the tourney.

I'm UTG and fold. A few others limp in. The BB (an old farmer) raises to 350. Mid position (middle aged dude) calls. The Button (old cowboy) raises to 650. BB and Mid calls. Pot size: ~ 2100

Flop: K 7 3 - BB checks. Mid checks. Button bets 200. As an observer, this bet is pathetic. He limps on the Button, and the raises after someone else did. And now he bets 200 into a pot over 2k. This screams Weakness. BB folds. Mid guy thinks for a bit, and then calls.

Turn: [K 7 3] 8 - Mid checks. Cowboy bets 500 into a 2500 pot. Mid guy thinks for a bit and calls.

River: [K 7 3 8] 4 - Mid guy checks. Cowboy bets 500 into a 3500 pot. Mid guy thinks, and then calls. Cowboy shows 55. Mid guy, who just checked or called for the entire hand, shows JJ, and wins a pot of 4500.

Level 1 (25/50)

I'm UTG+1 with AKo, and I just limp. A Mid position guy (different than previous hand) min-raises to 100. A bunch of players call. I back-raise to 700. Mid guy calls. It folds around to the SB, who is the Cowboy from previous hand, and he raises to 1400. I insta-ship All-In. Mid guy calls, which I'm not happy about. We might have the same hand. Of course, the Cowboy calls.

Cowboy has 99, but Mid guy has AA. Crap!. If he would have reraised after I made it 700, then I probably would have folded. But Cowboy had to jump in the middle of this, and now I'm screwed.

I flopped a Broadway draw (J T x), but I missed. Cowboy was eliminated, and I'm left with 725 chips.

Level 4 (150/300)

It folds around to the Cutoff who just limps. I'm the SB with 96o, and call. BB checks.

Flop: Q J 6 - Bottom Pair. Yippie. All players check.

Turn: [Q J 6] T - I check. BB checks. Cutoff bets 1200. He's a 30 yr old, and seems fairly solid. But this bet doesn't seem right. He overbet the pot of 900. I've got Bottom Pair, and the bad end of an open-ender. But I've only got 2200 chips left.

I decide to follow my instincts, and go All-In. BB folds. Cutoff thinks for a moment, says he's pot committed, and calls the 1000. He shows A9h. Sweet! He's got the same draw as I do. I love a good read.

River: [Q J 6 T] A - I'm out in 16th place.

Nice Hand, Sir.

No comments: