Followers

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Hand of the Day #17

$1/$2 NLHE - Greektown - 12.9.09

I've got Kc Kd on the Button, and do my standard raise to $7. Five players see the Flop: Jd 9c 7d. SB (old guy) leads out for $20. Mid position (middle aged guy) calls. Cutoff (30 yr old) goes All-In for $40.

This hand is a good example of the drawbacks of only raising to $7 every hand. I have no clue where I'm at right now. I just recently sat down, so I don't have any information about these guys. The player that I'm most worried about is the SB. It's common for an old guy to lead out with two pair or better in this spot. Since the Cutoff has only $40, he could be pushing with anything from top pair to a straight to a draw.

While I'm thinking, I notice that the two remaining players don't have much money behind, maybe $150. So I decide to raise to $100, and try to isolate with the Cutoff.

The SB quickly folds. Mid guy thinks, and goes All-In for $31 more. I hate this, but I gotta call. At Greektown, you have to show your cards for an All-In. So I show my KK, and Mid guy show Jc 7c for two pair. Cutoff has Qd Jh for top pair. I brick out, and Mid guy wins the pot of $352.

Nice hand, sir.

No comments: