Followers

Thursday, December 10, 2009

New Greektown, Old Results

After eating a free breakfast at the Motor City Buffet, I head over to Greektown to play in their new Poker Room. I got to Greektown about 10:15, and signed up for the 11am tournament. There wasn't enough time to sit down and play some Cash, so I went to play 3-Card Poker. Fortunately, I hit a few straights, and walked away up $175.

The tournament seemed to be the same as in to the old poker room. $75, 4k in chips, and 25 players. It started off good for me. I won a nice pot with AJ in the first level. Later on, I got my KK cracked by a short stack with 55. The only real blunder of mine was in the level before the first break (200/400/25). A few limpers with me in the BB. I look down at A3, and decide to do a squeeze for 2000. Unfortunately, I forgot how short stacked the first limper was. He called for less, and that started the chain reaction. Four players saw the Flop with two of them All-In. The other player and me just checked it down. I ended up with two pair, but both of the All-Ins won with a Flush and a Straight.

I got to the break with 5150 chips. I walked over to a .25 slot machine, put a $20 bill in the machine, and cashed out for $40. That extra $20 went into my gas tank on the way home.

The level after the break was 400/800/50. In the last few tournament I've played at Greektown, we were at the Final Table when the first break came. But this time we still had 15 players left, so there were many short stacks. The UTG moved All-In for 1800. I'm in Mid position, look down at my cards, and move All-In to isolate for 5500. The player next to me, who has a few more chips then me, goes into deep thought, and finally calls with 99. That is a terrible call because he can't beat anything at this point, except my 33. I miss my two outer, and I finish in 13th place.

I buy-in to a $1/$2 table. Within 30 minutes, I get my KK cracked for $130. It's a decent table, but I'm just not mentally here, so I don't add-on. I milk my short stack for a while, but I'm not getting any cards. About two hours after I sat down, I walked away down $200.

I head over to the Buffet for a free meal, and then started my journey home.

No comments: