Followers

Monday, December 7, 2009

Hand of the Day #15

$1/$1 NLHE - Dave's Basement - 12.5.09

As usual, there was nothing good from the tournament on Saturday night. This hand from the Cash game was the only thing of interest.

I'm UTG+1 with Kc Kh, and raise to $5. Four players see a Flop of Ks Js 9s; top set on an all Spade board. I lead out for $15. Both the Hyjack (Jamie) and Cutoff (Monsignor) call.

Turn [Ks Js 9s] 9d - Sweet!. I check. Jamie goes All-In for $58. Monsignor thinks for a bit, counts out some chips, talks a little, and finally calls. So, now I start doing the thinking, and counting out chips. If I just call, I've only got $75 behind. I've seen Monsignor hollywood big hands before, and that kind of looks like what he was doing. So I go All-In, and he snap calls.

Monsignor shows Jh 9c for Nines full of Jacks. Jamie show Qh 9h for trip 9. I turn over my Kings full of Nines. The River is a Qd, giving Jamie Nines full of Queens. I scoop a pot of $391.

In each of my running logs of a Cash game, I noted a giant trainwreck that involved big hands over big hands. It's really weird to be involved on the good end of it. There was no skill of mine, and nobody giving their chips away. Boat over Boat over Boat was just dumb luck.

No comments: