Followers

Monday, November 23, 2009

Fasten Your Seatbelt

I headed up to Detroit again for an overnighter. I started out at MGM, since I've had some great Sunday afternoon sessions in the past. I ended up keeping a log of my chip stack and highlights. I wasn't planning on it, but I got off to a sweet start, so it seemed like a good idea.


2:30 $200 - Even though the max buy-in is $300, I just put $200 on the table. If I felt that I need more, I've got $200 of green chips in my pocket. There were stacks of various sizes on the table, including an middle aged gentleman to my right who has about 12 black chips along with a few stacks of red.

3:30 $500 - Won two big pots. I was never All-In, so the extra $100 that I didn't put on the table wasn't a factor. This table is full of action, as expected.

4:00 $394 - 85h vs 87 in the SB on an 889 3 6 board. I probably should have folded to his $50 River bet, since my kicker didn't play.

4:30 $201 - Made a few moves, including a 3-barrel bluff on the Button with 4 high. The Big Stack next to me check/called down with 3rd pair. Hopefully that will be an investment that pays off later with interest. I also ran into a cooler. I got away from it on the Flop, but it took a small chunk.

5:00 $220 - Flopped a set in a pot that someone else raised preflop. I led out on the Flop, but everyone folded. There was also a giant trainwreck that didn't involve me. A $1100+ pot involving QJ, KJ, and Jx on a T97 8 x board. The three players put $100 on the Turn, and $240 on the River.

5:30 $401 - Stacked off 3 players in two different pots. First pot, UTG+1 goes All-In for $25, and an Old Lady shoves for $42. I'm on the Button, and decide to gamble with 75o. I River a straight. The second pot was a straddle. I'm UTG with QQ. I limp and then back-raise. I get it in against ATc and win $145 from him.

6:00 $397 - Cards have gone quiet. A few players have left, including Big Stack with at least 10 black chips. The new players are even more action with overbets and not much folding.


6:30 $406 - Cards are dead. There are plenty of big pot with just one pair. It's time to be patient, and wait for my opportunity.

7:00 $552 - Patience got paid off. And so did my flopped set versus an overpair for $150.


7:15 $543 - Cashout.

Afterward, I headed over to Motor City to check into my free room, and eat a free diner at the buffet. And then I went back to my room, and called it a night. No poker, and no pit games. I'm tired from Saturday night, so I decided to book a $343 win, watch some TV, and type this post.

1 comment:

Chan said...

mailman, I don't like the style of your blog. I rather see you go in depth about ur thought process in like 1-2 hands than you just briefly touching on many hands. It doesn't make the blog come alive.