Followers

Monday, November 30, 2009

Dave's Update

Wednesday night was Thanksgiving Eve, so we had a Cash game ($1/$1 NL). We didn't have a large turnout, with only one full table all night long. I end up $150 for the night. I had only one big hand that I got it All-In with AK vs two AQ. I did try to a make a few moves, with mixed success. The Cash games at Dave's are extremely loose preflop, so I try to be patient and wait for my opportunities.

Saturday was the last game of the month, so that means another variety tournament. This week was the $50 Deeper Stack - 12k chips, 25 minute levels without antes, 30 minutes with antes, and a few extra levels. We had 39 players this week, and that meant we had the most chips in play ever at Dave's. And that meant the longest tournament ever, with a chop occurring at 4:10am.

As usual lately, my tourney didn't go well. Even though this was a "Deep Stack" event, I still was working on my "Chip Accumulator" gear for the start of the tourney. It had mixed results. It definitely adds more variance to my chip stack, which I need to get used to. Twice I dropped to almost half of my starting stack before the first break, but I managed to grind it back each time. At the first break, I had 11075 chips, which was just under my starting stack of 12k.

But after the break, I had to take my foot off the gas, and go back to patient mode as my stack got shorter. Eventually, I started to blind off, and the antes weren't helping. (Who's dumb idea was that, anyways?) I finally shoved All-In for about 5 BB with ATo, which my first pushable hand in at least three orbits. The very next player, Meat, wakes up with AK. I don't hit my 3-outer, and I finish in 18th place.

With the long tourney, I didn't get to play any Cash again this week, and that sucks because there were a few soft spots over at the 8-game table. It is becoming a standard for me to not be playing in the Cash game due to the length of the tournament. This sucks for me since I'm not making any money in these games, and I don't like working for free.

1 comment:

hiphop said...

Did you just say you have a soft spot for me?