Followers

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Hand of the Day #9

1/2 NLHE - Greektown - 11.23.09

A few limpers. I have A6s on the Button, and raise to my standard $7. The SB folds, but the BB raises to $15. One player calls. This hand is deep into the session. The BB is one of two players that was here when I first sat down. He's a 50 yr old, tight passive player. I haven't really been all that aggressive preflop, so I pop it to $45. I know that a baby Ace is not a good hand to do this with, but I'm on the Button and it's sooooted. If he ships his stack All-In, then I will fold and call myself an idiot. But, he just calls.

Flop: Js 8s 6h. Sweet Flop. Bottom pair with a Flush draw. He checks. I shove All-In for what I thought was around $100. After counting it down, I end up with $146. Crap! That a huge overbet into a pot that's got about $100 in it. The BB thinks for a minute, and then folds. He said that he just had AK.

It was a mistake to bet so much. If I completely whiffed the Flop, then shoving would make sense. But I wanted to get some value from that Board. A bet of $60 on the Flop, and then All-In for $86 on the Turn would have been better.

As the dealer gathers the pot to ship it to me, I turn over the As. A few players wanted to see the other Ace, so I showed the 6s. That got their attention.

No comments: