Followers

Monday, November 2, 2009

$40 Bounty Night

On the last Saturday of each month, we do a Variety tournament just to mix things up. This month we did a $40 Bounty tournament. It's a the same tournament structure, but you start with 10k chips and no AddOn. For each player you knock out, you get $20.

Since it was Halloween night, we only got 29 players. Being the TD, it was nice not having a large mob to deal with. I actually got to sit down a play some cards, instead of just being blinded off. And it went well. By the first break, my stack was at 18,600 and I had already collected two bounties (freeroll!).

With an actual chip stack, one might think I should have no problem getting to the Final Table. But not this time. I was out within two levels. I would like to say it was bad luck or bad timing. But the honest truth is that I just got too careless with my chips. Because of the Bounties, I was more willing to get involved with coin flips, which I lost. Finally, after I had blown thru half my stack, I did an All-In squeeze in the BB with TT against a player I should know wasn't gonna fold. I was knocked out in 15th.

The Cash game had a similar ending. I was slowly building up my stack, when I ran into a big cooler. Set over Set against the biggest action player at the table. I rebought for my last $100, but I couldn't get anything going. I finally walked out of Dave's basement down $240 for the night.

1 comment:

diverjoules said...

Well, I was not going to fold my JJ to you that is for sure. Your TT could have been anything including a squeeze with AQo. Love you though..