Followers

Monday, November 9, 2009

Where is Everyone?

Two weeks ago, we had set a record at Dave's with 47 players. This week, we had only 20 runners. Why? I have no clue. Another host had a Ladies' Tournament, but we only lost about five players to that game.

With the smaller field, it makes it easier to be the TD. But I only finished in 11th place. There just wasn't much that went well for me. I had around half my starting stack at the break. I just hung around as long as I could.

After the tournament concluded, I bought into the Cash game. With so many deepstacks, and players being rather loose, I decided to short stack with just $40 ($1/$1 blinds $150 max). I got off to a good start, but I eventually had to rebuy with another $40. That buy-in didn't last long, so I put the rest of my money on the table ($120). Things kept going badly. When the game broke at 4:30am, I cashed out for a loss of $148.

Since going busto over the summer, I'm having a hard time rebuilding my 'roll. And Dave's has been a big part of the problem. I've only had one tourney cash, and the cash games have not gone well. I don't know if it just bad luck or bad play, although it's probably a little of both. I've been doing very well there for the last two years, so Variance is due to have some fun with me.

No comments: