Followers

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hand of the Day #5

Dave's Cash Game - $1/$1 NLHE - 11/7/09

I finished up my TD duties, and I was able to sit down in the Cash game. There was only one table, and just one open seat. The Cash game had been going for a few hours by now, so there was some deepstack at the table. Also, the beer had been flowing, so some of the players had really loosened up.

I decided to try some shortstacking. I've been wanting to give it a try, since the Cash game can be very loose preflop even with big raises. Plus, I was tired and I didn't want to do any deep thinking.

So I bought in for $40 (max is $150). Nobody ever buy-ins for less than $100, unless they're a new player who is scared to put any money on the table. Everyone was having a good laugh about this at my expense.

I had to wait for the Button to pass me, so my first hand was in the Cutoff. As usual a few players limp. I look down at Kh Kd. I give a quiet thanks to the Poker Gods, and raise to $5. I get a few callers, and even more comments.

Five players see the Flop of 8c 6s 5c. The UTG player (Malcolm) goes All-In for $33. It folds to me, so I shove All-In for my remaining $35. Everyone else folds.

The rest of the Board is [8c 6s 5c] Td 4d. He says that my KK is good, but never said what he had.

So now I'm really hearing it from everyone for sitting down and getting Kings on my first hand. But I just smile, and stack the chips from my $94 pot.

No comments: