Followers

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

WSOP #27 $1500 HORSE - End Of Level 4 (150/300)

The empty seat didn't show up. After about an hour, one of the Floors walked by and grabbed the stack, saying that nobody bought that stack. About thirty minutes later, the player showed up with a receipt in his hand for that seat. Evidently, that Floor didn't bother to check with the cage to see if the seat was actually sold, and just made a decision on his own. No wonder the WSOP is getting so much criticism this year.

My cards never improved. I was doing so much folding, that I wasn't paying attention to what game we were playing. In one of the few Stud hands that I played, I got to showdown with just a Pair of Fours, only because my opponent checked 6th and 7th. I was surprised with she showed a Flush, and mentioned that she didn't bet because she assumed that I had a Low. I took a quick glance at the placard, and it said "Stud-8". I had no clue that was the game, and I might have mucked a Low. I know I had 44 and a Face Card, but I'm not sure about the rest. It's probably 50/50 that I had a Low, which would be a total bonehead mistake by me.

In Hold'em, I got my last 550 in the pot with a Set of 8 against a Gutshot, and survived.

In the 150/300 Level, towards the end of Razz, I finally got a playable hand, and completed with (23)A. Another player with a 3 called. We eventually got All-In by 5th Street.

Me (23) A K 4 J
Him (56) 3 Q 3 T

I drew a 4 on 7th, and my Wheel Draw became a J432A. He drew a 7, and had a T7653. I was one of the first 25 players knocked out of this event, which had over 800 players.

This was one of those tourney where I just never had a chance. I'm sure I will run like God in my next $60 Donkament. That's how it usually goes for me.

No comments: