Followers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WSOP #49 $1500 NL Ante Only - End of Level 8 (200 Ante)

There have been a few changes at the table. Ylon was out shortly before the Dinner Break. Alex K was out shortly afterwards. No "known" players took their seats. Most of the Internet Gurus are still here, and still splashing around. 

For Level 7 (100 Ante), I basically anted off. I played almost no hands, and might have won one small pot. 

In Level 8 (200 Ante), it folded around to a player in Mid position, who raised to 300. He took Alex K's seat, and he's a 60's gentleman from Eastern Europe who barely understands a little English. So far, he seems to be playing like a 60's gentleman (tight). It folded to me in the Cutoff, and I decided to use my table image by 3-betting to 1100 with 95o. Button folded, and Mid called. Flop Kd Tc 4d. He checked, I bet 2000, and he folded. 

After that, it was more card dead for me. In the 2nd to last hand before the break, it limped to me on the Button, so I happily called with T8o. Flop was J 8 7. It checked around to the I-G on my Left who bet 800. I was the only caller with Middle Pair and Gutshot. Turn was [J87] J. He checked, and so did I. River [J87 J] 7. He quickly checked, and it was obvious that he was done with the hand. I bet 1500, and he snap-folded. 

That really helped my stack, that was starting to get low. I'm back to 10900, which is OK, but not great. Next ante is 300, and i need to start getting some chips 

There are 171 players left. I'm guessing we'll be around the Bubble by next break.

No comments: