Followers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WSOP #49 $1500 NL Ante Only - "Shuffle Up & Deal"

First, a quick recap of yesterday. I played in three Daily Donkaments, and three Single Table Satellites at the Rio. I played two $125 and a $175 STS, and airballed all of them. However, things went much better in the donkaments.

In the 10am Harrah's $60 that had 47 runners, there was a 4-way deal where I got $600 as one of the two chip leaders. In the 7pm Orleans $75 that had 83 entries, there was a 4-way chop for $820 each. This marks the first time that I have ever cashed in two donkaments in the same day, and it seems hard to believe that it took this long.

Today, I'm at Table 55 Seat 4 in the Brasillia Room. So far, the Dealer seems to speak almost no English, and was thoroughly confused when the Floor was giving instructions.

Right now, there are six players at my table right now, a mix of young and old. However, one of the Kids is Joesph Chung (3rd place in the '10 Main Event). He's in Seat 7, which is two to my left. Joy.

The key today will be about adjusting to the table, as this is a format that most players have never played before. I did manage to play one $80 Ante Only Tournament at Mandalay Bay. It only had ten players, and one of them was playing in her very first poker tournament. Even in that sad tourney, I did learn a few things about this format, as well as a 2nd place for $215.

There are two important adjustments for me to watch today. First is the opening preflop raise. Normally, I would min-raise for the first two or three levels. But with no BB to use as a guide, I will start out with a raise of 100, which will be about half the pot. I will then see what the table is doing, and adjust.

The other factor will be when to start shoving All-In as a shortstack. Again, I can't start shoving at 8-10 BB because there are no BBs. I'm guessing 25-30 Antes will be the point to start shoving, but it will all depend on the table.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Interesting format! Good luck!

Patrick