Followers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WSOP #49 $1500 NL Ante Only - End of Level 4 (50 Ante)

Good news is that the next seat filled at the table was a gentleman over 40. Bad news was that it was Will Fialla from a broken table, and sat on my direct Right. Then came Jon Racner, who sat between me and Chung. The last seat was filled by another Kid who many players at this table knew.

Thanks to this wonderful table draw, I stayed in Super-Nit mode. Also, I wasn't getting any starting hands. I did lose a pot with AQ, and blinded down to around 3000. I finally opened a pot from EP with JTs for 225. Five players called, and the Flop was T87. I bet 750, and one player min-raised to 1500. I shoved for 2800, and he called with 87o. Turn was a brick, but the River was a Ten for the double up.

Three hands later, a few players limped for 25. I have JJ, and raised to 300 from Hyjack. Cutoff shoved for about 2k. Button (Racner) folded, then Chung asked how much I had behind before shoving All-In. We had about the same stack. I'm assuming he did his "limp in the dark" move again. It's hard to believe that he has JJ beat, especially since it's Chung, so I called. Chung had AQ, and the Shortstack had AT. Two Tens hit the Flop, but Chung missed. We counted the stacks, and I had him covered by 200 chips. This got me over 9000 chips.

Not long after that hand, early in Level 4, they broke our table. My new seat was Table 2 Seat 3. At first glance, this was a much better table for me. It's a bit older, and I only recognize one player, Ylon Schwartz, who won my HORSE bracelet two weeks ago. About 30 minutes later, Alex K sat down in the empty seat. He's the Russian who was at Jerry Yang's Final Table in '07.

The play at this table was similar to the old table. About half the players "limped in the dark" for one Green chip. I think it's an incredibly stupid move to blindly get into pots out of position, but an action junkie needs action.

I've stayed in Super-Nit mode, and played almost no hands. I have no interest in playing their reindeer games, and I'm gonna stick to my plan.

I have 7625 chips. The tourney timer shows 913 entrants.

1 comment:

CdrData said...

Nice bounty boss!