Followers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WSOP #49 $1500 NL Ante Only - End of Level 6 (75 Ante)

Even though there are less recognizable pros at my table, most of the rest seem to be online pros. They've been swapping stories about other players, old glory about scores on 'Stars and 'Tilt, and living overseas to play on 'Stars.

The Min-Limp for 25 has become standard for about half the hands. I tried to sneak in with 88 in EP, but folded after a raise and 3-bet.

The first real pot I played was halfway the level. First player came in for 200. About five other player called, including me on the Button with 75o. Flop was Td 7d 4c. First player bet 650, which seemed incredibly small and weak to me. Only Ylon called when it got to me. I quickly raised to 2000, and they couldn't fold fast enough. I do love my Super-Nit table image.

My next Button, it was a limp-fest, including me with 53s. Flop Qc Qs 3c. The BB, one of the online gurus, bet 300, and I was the only caller. Turn [Qc Qs 3c] 6s. He bet 475, and I called with a Pair + Flush Draw. River was a brick, and we both checked. He had AKs, and I won the pot. Good thing the Spade didn't hit the River.

A few hands later, I finally looked down at a hand, AKo. I called a 200 preflop raise, along with a few other players. The Flop was K-high. I just kept calling the initial raiser's bets, and I was good.

The Min-Limps continued at the table, and I joined in only on the Button or maybe the Cutoff. I limped on the Button with 99 for deception, but missed my set. Later, I limped with Q3o on the Button. Flop was Kh Kc Qc. It checked to me, and I fired 300. I expected to get a few callers on that wet Flop, but everyone folded.

I have 11900, or 119 Antes for next level. Not sure exactly what that means, but it feels comfortable.

The official total for today is 939 players, but only 288 left (probably less than that). With 117 getting paid, we should have no problem getting under 100 tonight.

Will I be one of them? Stay tuned to find out.

No comments: