Followers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WSOP #49 $1500 NL Ante Only - End of Level 2 (25 Ante)

So far, play has been what I expected, with the opening raise being in the 75-150 range. Naturally, there's been a decent amount of 3-betting, and the occasional 4-bet. Although, as play went on, I think some of the Kids got bored, and started limping. Chung even limped "In The Dark" a couple of time from the SB spot.

As for me, I tried to keep my VPIP low, especially out of position. The first big hand I played was with Ks Kc, and I royally fucked it up. I was the first caller of a raise from one of the Kids. I was hoping someone would 3-bet, but they didn't. The board ran out 6c 5c 4s 7s Jh. I just called all three Streets, including 1800 on the River. He had 98c for the 6-Card Straight.

This left me with 1150. I anted down to 1025, and 4-Bet All-In with TT. The 3-Bet guy had 77, and I doubled up.

Next big had was me raising to 150 from the Cutoff with 65o after two players limped. Only a 50's gentleman called from Early Position. Flop was 7c 5d 4d. He lead out for 125, and I raised to 525. He called, and the Turn was [7c 5d 4d] 6s. He checked, and I shoved for around 1400. Fortunately, he didn't snap-call. He went into the tank for almost two minutes. I wanted him to call, until he did call with 97d for the monster draw. The River was 6d, giving him the Flush, but giving me the Full House.

This got me close to my starting stack of 4500. No more big lots for me as I nitted it up a bit. The table went from 6 handed for most of Level 1, to 8 handed. It's almost all Kids, with just me and the 97d gentleman are the only players over 40.

On surrounding tables, I can hear Daniel N is holding court at his table. On the table behind me, a foreign player was ejected for having an open wound on his arm. I'm. It sure of the details, but the player was very upset.

I have 4550 chips, for a sweet profit of 50. We currently have seven players at the table, as one just busted. The tourney timer shows 809 players, and climbing.

No comments: